SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving a website’s visibility and ranking on search engine result pages. Optimizing websites for SEO will increase organic traffic and visibility to that website.
SEO is a field that is constantly changing and updates are ongoing. Both businesses and individuals doing SEO need to stay on top of the latest SEO trends to stay competitive. As such we discuss the Upcoming Top 5 SEO Trends in 2024!
What are SEO Trends?
SEO Trends are the latest and coming changes and developments in the field of Search Engine Optimization! These affect the way a website is optimized for search engines and the way people search for information online. There are many such SEO trends present today.
Top 5 SEO Trends Likely to Come in 2024
- Voice Search Optimization: Voice search optimization is at the forefront of the future as more and more people continue to use voice search, as more and more people use voice-activated devices such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple Siri. Therefore, all websites need to be voice search optimized.For that, there are two main things that should be considered. Second, use long tail keywords as much as possible because most people perform long searches when doing voice searches, so using long tail keywords is ideal for voice search optimization!
- Visual Search Optimization: Another trend to watch out for is visual search. This type of search allows users to find images or videos that match their needs. Some tools like Google Search and Bard AI provide Visual Search options. Businesses can optimize their websites for visual search by using high-quality images and videos and adding alt text to all images.
- AI Search Optimization: Now there are many AI tools like Bard, Chat GPT, etc. It currently responds to even an all-knowing person, and will surely become something more people use in the future, with AIs like this being used in most aspects of SEO itself.AI is being used for many tasks like keyword research and content creation so AI optimized search will become more important in the future so making all websites AI optimized may make a big difference in SEO in the future.
- Experiential SEO Optimization: One trend to watch out for in the future is the experiential SEO method, i.e. the use of the last E in Google’s EAT. The trick is to create a positive experience for the target audience in a search result. For that they review factors like design, usability, loading speed and structure of a website.But even though it is popular now, it is likely to become a main ranking factor in the future, so any website needs to ensure that it is experientially SEO optimized.
- Local SEO Optimization: As local search listings often appear at the top of Google SERPs, this type of SEO is likely to play a bigger role for more businesses going forward. As it becomes increasingly difficult to reach the top organic spot (the top position is ads), local search can be a solution.
Google My Business (GMB) is a great tool for local SEO. It’s a fact that many business owners today don’t know, that they can create a Google My Business profile even if they don’t have a shop or office that serves customers. The only caveat is that if you are a digital business, you cannot create a GMB profile. You must have a physical business address and some form of personal service, even if not all from that one location.
How important is it to know the latest SEO trends?
Being aware of SEO trends is important for a business or individual doing SEO. Because, we know that SEO is done to increase the visibility of a website and increase the organic traffic, but apart from that, it has a bigger goal that is to stand out among the competitors or to stay ahead of the competition.
It has many other advantages like low cost and high ROI rate but the foremost goal is to stand out among the competitors but that is where the problem is today because today most of the brands, businesses (small and big) and individuals have their own website and have SEO done on the search engine result page.
So there are also rankings, and the competition is high there too, so it is not an easy task to keep up with the competition there. To validate it, it is essential to know the SEO trends.
Here is the answer to the question of how to validate:
Search engines like Google or Bing ensure that their users always get the best experience and for that, they deliver the results based on a particular keyword to the users on their search engine results page.
To provide better results, they come with many algorithm updates, for example, Penguin update, Panda update, etc. These algorithm changes cause a big slowdown in the search result ranking. One such was the bulk link building and keyword stuffing which was used by many people before and Google algorithm update came to understand it and derank the ranked websites that used such strategies.
So it has been a big blow to many big websites due to a lack of foresight in the field of SEO. That is why SEO trends are so important today. It is aware of all the upcoming algorithm updates and changes and new ranking factors in SEO so that it can make changes to the used website and be prepared for it without losing the existing ranking. Now that we understand the importance of SEO trends.
SEO is an ever-changing field, so it’s important for businesses or websites to keep up with the latest trends. By doing so, businesses can ensure that their websites are successfully optimized for the future and stay abreast of future changes!